A B2B Marketing Content Specialist at 50,000feet gets excited about B2B brands the way other agency folks get excited about the latest consumer trends. They are motivated to bring business ideas to life in ways that are honest, interesting and simple to understand—both in written word and visualization.
The primary role for the B2B Marketing Content Specialist is to understand clients’ marketing goals and audience focus to distill subject matter into engaging content. In collaboration with designers, the candidate will make sure narratives are visualized in intuitive ways while exhibiting a forte for simplifying complex, often technical ideas into concise, compelling client materials.
A wide range of experience in developing marketing and sales enablement tools is needed, including web and blog content, presentations, marketing campaigns, infographics, case studies, whitepapers, webinars and other go-to-market content as needed.
The candidate should understand subject matter relating to clients’ businesses and industries, which span financial services, architecture and design, home improvement, manufacturing and more—ensuring deliverables are produced on-strategy, on-time.
- Manage content development and writing projects efficiently from kickoff to final approval and distribution.
- Commit to understanding the clients’ business from the perspective of their audiences.
- Leverage information provided by client subject matter experts to write stories for business presentations, blogs, articles, case studies and marketing collateral.
- Develop content that is thoughtfully targeted to various personas and stages in a customer journey.
- Write dynamic, persuasive copy for a variety of formats.
- Recognize and apply the correct brand voice and terminology for each client.
- Ensure all content aligns with correct client style, brand and messaging guidelines.
- Create engaging, user friendly content that unifies the journey in digital situations: landing pages, mobile messaging, social platforms and campaign emails.
- Provide proofreading and editing support for other colleagues creating B2B content and for other departments.
- 5+ years as a B2B marketing writer, with experience working in content strategy and development as part of an internal B2B marketing team or a B2B agency.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to think through and organize content to a plan beforehand.
- Specific experience writing B2B marketing materials that are targeted to resonate with audiences based on their needs, preferences and passions.
- Detail-driven, self-starting and critically minded with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Understanding of web writing and fostering a positive user experience through concise, relevant, user friendly and engaging content.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong version/content management skills.
- BA/BS in business, marketing, communication, journalism or relevant field.
This position is full-time and located in Chicago.
To apply for this position, send your resume to [email protected]. Please include the title of the position in the subject field of your e-mail.