Strategic creative agency 50,000feet is hiring an experienced Payments Marketing Writer to help develop B2B and B2C communications programs in the payments space: card-based, digital wallets, e-commerce and mobile apps. Ideal candidates may have B2B communications experience in banking, card-based payments, consumer credit, digital payments or digital commerce.
The role blends the skills of a strategic marketer (knowledge of segments, benefits, positioning and differentiation) with the skills of a writer. The Payments Marketing Writer works as part of a collaborative and multidisciplinary team that includes strategists, copywriters and designers that help clients communicate clear positions, keep value propositions differentiated and bring a down-to-earth voice focused on customer benefits in this competitive space.
- Develop marketing strategy, creative concepts and content across a range of payment products and services, including cards, mobile and emerging payments, payment networks, value-added and consulting services and loyalty marketing platforms.
- Help identify and develop B2B and B2C marketing programs and deliverables that communicate value and differentiation persuasively.
- Promote the best channels and tools for delivery to both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Understand how to create strong content across a variety of B2B and B2C formats, including: presentations, white papers, mobile apps, on-behalf-of marketing materials (B2B2C), in-branch communications, marketing collateral video and advertising.
- Develop creative ideas and content for key moments of the payments customer journey, including: acquisition, activation, onboarding, spend optimization, loyalty and relationship building.
- Support the creative team with framing brand development, which could include taglines, positioning and naming.
- Strong critical thinking and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Ability to speak, present and collaborate directly with clients as well as with your own team members.
- Ability to help clients simplify and clarify their message.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, proofreading and presenting.
- Ability to develop cohesive marketing, brand and product stories from initial outline through completion.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple and competing projects.
- Aptitude for guiding design colleagues through content and collaborate for the best design outcome.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS).
- 5 years of B2B or B2C payments marketing experience with any of the following:
- A major payments brand (Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, PayPal).
- A major card issuer (Citi, Chase, Bank of America).
- An agency working with major payments brands or issuing institutions.
- Proficient in the use of G Suite and Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
This position is full-time and located in Chicago.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject field of your email.