50,000feet is looking for an Activation Strategist to work with our team across a range of B2B and B2C client programs. At 50,000feet, an Activation Strategist is a lead voice for client brands within an omnichannel environment and with an emphasis on building awareness and advocacy through digital and social media platforms. The role blends the skills of a strategic marketer—deep knowledge of audience segments, product and service positioning, social media platforms and content strategy—with the skills of a writer. At 50,000feet, an Activation Strategist works as part of a collaborative and multidisciplinary team to help clients clarify, simplify and then amplify value propositions and position products, services and solutions across segments and relevant communities.
The candidate will be responsible for leading the development of digital community management programs and overseeing and performing the day-to-day responsibilities required to create, distribute and maintain content that delivers on clients’ business and brand objectives. The Activation Strategist will identify strategies and opportunities to increase engagement and manage issues as they might arise.
- Assist with the development of online community, social media and integrated strategic marketing campaigns.
- Translate client and team strategic direction into cross-channel and cross-platform content and editorial strategies.
- Identify tactical, measurable and sustainable goals across identified channels.
- Partner across teams to align communications strategy with community development and brand objectives.
- Develop and maintain editorial/content calendars and social media guidelines to be used across client properties.
- Lead community management and moderation activities through active listening to relevant media and share detailed reporting to foster continual optimization.
- Develop strategies for fostering healthy and active dialogues with communities and enrich digital brand experiences.
- Promote the application of user-generated content to elevate and complement branded content.
- Collaborate with account and practice teams to contribute to planning, ideation, identification of opportunities and presentation of insights and recommendations.
- Review user-generated comments and posts in a timely, always-on manner.
- 3–4 years’ experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands.
- Proficient across and passionate about the range of digital communities and social media channels today.
- Understanding of digital networks, particularly in the context of design, functionality, trends and behaviors.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, proofreading and presenting.
- Ability to develop cohesive marketing, brand and product stories from initial outline through publication.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple and competing projects.
This position is full-time and located in Chicago.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject field of your e-mail.