At 50,000feet, an Account Supervisor is a highly focused and detail-oriented professional with the ability to communicate with a wide array of personalities—designers, businesspeople and otherwise—and to understand complex organizational structures. Applicants should have 7-10 years of relevant experience in a marketing or agency role and should also have the ability to recognize business development opportunities that benefit not only the client’s bottom line but also 50k’s.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the areas of branding, product marketing, social media and digital application development and will be well versed in managing client expectations and overseeing the execution of integrated campaigns. Experience working in financial services industry is preferred, and agency experience is a must.
Eligible candidates must be able to work independently while managing multiple personnel, accounts and projects simultaneously. Ensuring the smooth running of campaigns, managing the day-to-day turnaround of work without issue and ensuring deliverables that are on strategy, on time and on budget. Other requisite traits: proactive, prepared, responsive, strategic, personable and timely.
- Serves as the day-to-day client liaison on 1-3 accounts; oversees client relationship development and management of others.
- Positions him/herself as an expert on clients’ business, products, services, competition and marketing needs.
- Works with clients to develop marketing strategies and plans.
- Successfully briefs and manages the creative process to elevate the work.
- Monitors the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, shares best practices, helps drive clients’ business growth and adds value.
- Maintains P&L responsibility for accounts.
- Helps support new business initiatives.
- Takes a proactive role in mentoring, training, developing and reviewing the performance of Account Managers and Account Coordinators.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- Exceptional relationship building and negotiation skills.
- An aptitude for new business development and planning.
- Diplomatic across department teams and client organizations.
- Adept at managing clients and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think critically, creatively and big-picture.
- Comfortable in a small, entrepreneurial culture.
- Ability to mitigate risk and find solutions through strategic methodologies.
- Professional, friendly demeanor.
- Proficient in MS Office (Adobe CS a plus), in addition to web-based apps like Evernote, Basecamp, etc.
This position is full-time and located in Chicago.
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject field of your e-mail.